SPELD SA is pleased to offer this whole day of professional learning on prevention and intervention of maths difficulties using the Bond Block System. Bond Blocks was developed by Western Australian classroom teacher Narelle Rice in partnership with Dr Paul Swan.
- Teachers of Preschool/Kindergarten and Reception.
- Classroom Teachers of Years 1 to 3.
- Classroom Teachers of Years 4 to 6 who have students who add and subtract using their fingers.
- Intervention Teachers and Education Assistants who support students with difficulties in maths.
- Admin looking for a whole school approach in maths.
Bond Blocks is a whole school system made up of ready-to-go, sequenced resources to build a firm foundation from counting to calculating in addition and subtraction. Bond Block resources can be used:
- At Tier 1 as part of quality, differentiated whole class teaching, from Kindergarten to Year 3, to reduce the numbers of students requiring intervention or
- At Tier 2 as intervention with small groups or Tier 3 with individual students on Individual Education Plans, from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Bond Block System is made up of 3 kits of resources:
- “Counting to 10 with Bond Blocks Kit” - Pre-Foundation Curriculum (4-year-old children)
- “Counting to 20 with Bond Blocks Kit” - Foundation Curriculum (5-year-old children)
- “Bond Blocks Core Intervention Kit” – Years 1 to 3 Curriculum Each Bond Block resource targets the major predictors of maths difficulties, identified by research, with evidencebased teaching strategies.
Each kit contains assessment and monitoring resources in both physical and digital formats, including a placement test. These resources have been designed to support students with learning difficulties and are linked to the Australian Curriculum, ABLEWA and Victorian Curriculum (Levels A to D).
Come and join Narelle for an interactive session exploring the resources and theory underpinning them.
SPELD SA Tutor $280
Includes (Morning tea, lunch and one set of Bond Blocks valued at $70)
Bond Blocks: Prevention & Intervention of Maths Difficulties 4/10/22