How to teach story and rhyme, involving families 2-5 years.
Children learn language through memorable, meaningful repetition. The Talk for Writing approach enables children to internalise the language of story so that they can imitate it, innovate on it, and create their own effective stories independently. This book and its accompanying DVDs will show you how to put rhyme and story at the heart of your work with children and parents so that young learners' language development and creativity flourishes.
This multimedia resource shows you how to:
- Select a story or rhyme the children will enjoy and tell it engagingly, encouraging the children to join in
- Use a story map so they can picture what happens
- Use actions to reinforce meaning and emphasise key language patterns
- Help children build a bank of tales, developing their linguistic repertoire
Talk For Writing in the Early Years
- Product Code: 9780335263400
- Availability: In Stock