A framework for the explicit teaching of spelling.
Introduces students to the process of blending sounds to form words, by Maureen Pollard, Third Edition (Revised and updated 2004).
SoundCheck is designed to let children experience success in spelling, by teaching the skill of segmenting words, or breaking words into sounds. The book is easy to use with step-by-step instructions for each lesson and lists of words for each of the 26 units.
Each of the 26 units provides a sequence of letter choices to ensure children hear and identify each sound and letter. Vowels are gradually introduced and contrasted as they are the more difficult sounds in literacy learning. SoundCheck has specific units on sh, ch, th, ck endings, ss, ll, zz, plus initial and final blends.
A simple assessment for pre-teaching show you where each student needs to start.
- Easy to teach, following a step-by-step sequence
- Includes phonological fun activities such as Sound Circle, Silly Sentences, Secret Sound and Vowel Sort Pictures
- Copymasters are provided in Sassoon and Victorian Cursive fonts
- Can be used with groups or individuals.
*Now includes both print and digital copies of the book*
SoundCheck - Sequencing sounds for spelling success (digital version included)
- Product Code: 9780646398587
- Availability: In Stock