For Everyone Who Struggles To Read!
Clear, Practical, Science-based Information and Advice for Successful Results
One in five American children has trouble reading. In Overcoming Dyslexia, Dr Sally Shaywitz, co-director of the Yale Centre for the Study of Learning and Attention and a leader in the new research into how the brain works, offers the latest information about reading problems and proven, practical techniques that, along with hard work and the right help, can enable anyone to overcome them. Here are the tools that parents and teachers need to help dyslexic child, age by age, grade by grade, step-by-step.
- What dyslexia is and why some intelligent, gifted people read slowly and painfully
- How to identify dyslexia in preschoolers, schoolchildren, young adults, and adults
- How to find the best school and how to work productively with your child\'s teacher
- Exercise is to help children used the parts of the brain that control reading
- A 20 min nightly home program to enhance reading
- The 150 most common problem words - a list that can give your child a head start
- Ways to raise and preserve the child\'s self-esteem to reveal his strengths
- Stories of successful men or women who are dyslexic
- Product Code: 9780679781592
- Availability: In Stock