Why is literacy so important?
How can the Literacy Clinic help my child?
- Are they falling behind in their literacy development?
- Are they struggling to read accurately and fluently?
- Are they making frequent spelling errors, particularly in written expression?
- Are they displaying a reluctance to participate in literacy-based activities?
- Are they compensating when reading, by guessing from pictures, initial letters or the ‘look’ of a word?
- Do they have difficulty remembering the relationships between sounds and letters?
- Do they have poor self-esteem, particularly in relation to literacy activities?
- Do they have a suspected or diagnosed learning difficulty, such as dyslexia?
How do we help children learn to read?
Sounds-Write is an evidence-based phonics program utilising a highly successful approach to the teaching of reading, spelling and writing. This program offers an instructional method that is structured, cumulative, sequential and explicit which is highly recommended for teaching all children to read and spell. It places emphasis on giving practice that is grounded in physical, concrete experience of the ideas and conceptual understanding the students need to assimilate. Sounds-Write is developmentally appropriate for beginning readers in the first three years of school, and also offers fast and highly effective intervention for students who need support with reading and spelling. The program is suitable for ages 5 to adult.
What can I expect from Clinic Sessions?
- A high quality, evidence-based linguistics phonics program
- Delivered by qualified Sounds-Write trained practitioners
- Initial placement screening
- Intervention delivered weekly face-to-face or online
- Delivered in blocks of 12 consecutive appointments, attended weekly
- Ongoing monitoring, assessment and feedback
- Access to high quality evidence-based resources
- Each student clinic session is 45 minutes
Meet Our Practitioners
Literacy Clinic Fees
Click the orange link below to register for this highly sought after program
Introduction to the Sounds-Write Program for Parents
This on-demand video provides you with an introduction to the Sounds-Write phonics program for beginner readers. The course is directed at parents, runs for 1 hour and 18 minutes, and will give you support to get your child learning to read and write.