The Literacy Clinic provides students struggling to develop appropriate reading and spelling skills with effective, high-quality intervention using the multi-sensory program Sounds~Write.
Literacy Clinic Fees and Charges
A fee of $160 is payable on the day of your first appointment.
The fee includes a membership to SPELD SA of $75 and first appointment fee of $85.
Ongoing lesson fees are charged at $85 per 45 minute session.
About our Literacy Program
- A high quality, evidence-based linguistics phonics program
- Delivered by highly experienced specialist education professionals
- Initial placement screening
- 6 months of intervention delivered weekly face-to-face or online
- Ongoing monitoring, assessment and feedback
- Access to high quality evidence-based resources
- Each student clinic session is 45 minutes
Who will benefit
- are falling behind in their literacy development
- struggle to read accurately and fluently
- make frequent spelling errors, particularly in written expression
- display a reluctance to participate in literacy-based activities
- compensate when reading, by guessing from pictures initial letters or the ‘look’ of a word
- have difficulty remembering the relationships between sounds and letters
- have poor self-esteem, particularly in relation to literacy activities
- have a diagnosed learning difficulty, such as dyslexia
Click the orange link below to register for this highly sought after program
Introduction to the Sounds~Write Program for Parents
This on-demand video provides you with an introduction to the Sounds~Write phonics program for beginner readers. The course is directed at parents, runs for 1 hour and 18 minutes, and will give you support to get your child learning to read and write.