Why is literacy so important?
How can the Literacy Clinic help my child?
- Are they falling behind in their literacy development?
- Are they struggling to read accurately and fluently?
- Are they making frequent spelling errors, particularly in written expression?
- Are they displaying a reluctance to participate in literacy-based activities?
- Are they compensating when reading, by guessing from pictures, initial letters or the ‘look’ of a word?
- Do they have difficulty remembering the relationships between sounds and letters?
- Do they have poor self-esteem, particularly in relation to literacy activities?
- Do they have a suspected or diagnosed learning difficulty, such as dyslexia?
How do we help children learn to read?
What can I expect from Clinic Sessions?
- A high quality, evidence-based linguistics phonics program
- Delivered by qualified Sounds-Write trained practitioners
- Initial placement screening
- Intervention delivered weekly face-to-face or online
- Delivered in blocks of 12 consecutive appointments, attended weekly
- Ongoing monitoring, assessment and feedback
- Access to high quality evidence-based resources
- Each student clinic session is 45 minutes
Meet Our Practitioners
Literacy Clinic Fees
Click the orange link below to register for this highly sought after program
Introduction to the Sounds-Write Program for Parents
This on-demand video provides you with an introduction to the Sounds-Write phonics program for beginner readers. The course is directed at parents, runs for 1 hour and 18 minutes, and will give you support to get your child learning to read and write.