For psychologists, provisional psychologists and psychology university students.
About the presenter: Dr McLennan is a Clinical Psychologist, and is the Director of Psychology at SPELD SA. She has previously worked in private practice, and in the SA Department for Education. Skye teaches postgraduate Psychological Assessment topics at Flinders University. She is passionate about providing evidence-based, client-centred, and useful paediatric assessment services.
This practical workshop is designed for psychologists who want to develop confidence and expertise in working in the area of reading disorders. It is suitable for those just beginning work in this area, and for more experienced practitioners who want to build on their skills and knowledge in this part of their practice. The workshop will cover:
- Causal factors and diagnostic systems, and how they influence assessment planning
- A framework for considering differential diagnoses (e.g. language disorders, low IQ)
- Test battery planning (a focus on phonological awareness, decoding, fluency, and comprehension)
- Key assessment tools (pros, cons, and administration tips and tricks)
- Intervention planning (remediation and compensation)
Attendance at this workshop will be capped to allow for questions, case study discussion, and hands-on learning.
SPELD SA Member $237.50
Non member $250.00
Assessment and Intervention planning for Reading Disorders - a Deep Dive 25/01/2024