Kylie Hallion: Jolly Learning Educational Presenter
Workshop: Jolly Grammar
Pre-requisite: Training in Jolly Phonics
AM – Spelling Focus
Spelling should be an exercise in logic, problem solving and discovering patterns rather than merely memorising weekly spelling lists. Students should be active participants provided with opportunities to discover patterns, form generalisations and knowledge that can be transferred to spell a range of words.
The training session will examine:
- A synthetic phonics approach to teaching reading and spelling
- Consonants, vowels, alternative spellings of the vowel sounds, syllables, schwa, prefixes, suffixes, base words and word origins
- Spelling principles to support student understanding
- The role of spelling lists and dictation
- Practical activities and resources to compliment the spelling program
PM – Grammar Focus
The afternoon will cover content featured in the Jolly Grammar Handbooks 1-5.
An understanding of grammar supports students to become capable communicators, use a wider vocabulary and have a clearer understanding of how language works. The most dramatic improvement from the Jolly Grammar program will be found in the quality of student writing as they become familiar with the role of grammatical features, different types of words and word groups to convey information and represent their ideas.
This training session will examine:
- The sequential and cumulative framework of Jolly Grammar
- Parts of speech, proof reading, punctuation, vocabulary and word choice to support clear and effective communication
- Practical ideas and experiences to compliment the teaching grammar across year levels.
Suitable for teachers, SSOs, tutors, pre-service teachers and parents.
SPELD SA Tutor $154.00
Full-time Student (please email email@example.com)
Jolly Grammar – Spelling & Grammar 10/02/2023