For teachers or parents who want individual expert advice on how to support a child who is having difficulties with learning.
Who is it for?
If you’re concerned about your child or student, whether they are in primary or secondary, this is a great first step to help you find a road map and to introduce you to options. You will make a valuable connection with one of our educational specialists. If your child is aged 13+ we encourage them to join the consultation too (we generally recommend that younger children do not participate).
What is it?
A 30–40-minute discussion about your child or student and the concerns you have. We provide this service face-to-face or via phone or video call. Questions we can help with might include:
- What can I do at home to support my child?
- Is there anything else I could be doing in the classroom to support this student?
- I’m considering this intervention program; is it a good fit?
- Would a formal assessment be helpful for this child/student?
- What questions should I ask when considering high school options?
- My child is struggling with homework; what might be helpful?
- Could you show me how text-to-speech software and other tech support works?
- Is my child eligible for supports and accommodations at school/university; how do we set this up?
- My child’s specialist recommended this program/strategy, but I need some help getting started.
What type of information will I receive?
- You’ll receive advice on what you can expect from school, general strategies on how to help your child at home and school and help to understand a child’s diagnosis, if they have one.
- We can also show you recommended resources that are available.
Educational Consultation fee
- $100 per appointment
5% discount for SPELD SA members
How can I make an appointment?
Click the button below to register your interest and provide your contact details. We will then match you with the right specialist and call you to schedule an appointment.