The York Assessment of Reading for Comprehension (YARC) enables teachers to assess the reading and comprehension skills of children aged 5 to 18 years, and was developed by UK publisher GL Assessment and respected reading researcher from the University of York Maggie Snowling.
YARC is a powerful tool for teachers:
- informing allocation of Learning & Support resources
- comparing an individual’s scores with the ‘norm group’
- providing insight into interventions a student may require
- highlighting what skills a student needs to progress
- monitoring a student’s progress over time (ages 4-18)
SPELD SA have agreed with Psychological Assessments Australia (PAA) to sell access to three online webinars which teach how to implement the YARC; registration is possible for anything from 1 to 3 webinars, with a discount offered to SPELD SA members. It is important to note, these webinars are On-Demand which means once you start watching there is no option to pause during viewing or re-watch this Webinar at a later time - you must complete the viewing in a single session.
- Webinar 1 - Making the most of YARC, Early Reading & Passage Reading (Infants and Primary)
- Webinar 2 - Making the most of YARC, Passage Reading (Secondary)
- Webinar 3 - Making the most of YARC Interpreting results and Intervention Planning
Each webinar is an hour in duration
2 Webinar Package
3 Webinar Package